Beijing Mission, 28 & 29 April 2023
Friday, 28 April 2023
Participant Briefing | 3.30pm – 4.30pm
The Global Foundation’s Beijing Mission will commence with a comprehensive briefing session for participants. This session will serve as an opportunity for meaningful discussions that will shape the direction of our mission.
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business Briefing | 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Seasoned professors from Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB) will provide a briefing regarding their deep understanding of China’s business and economic landscape and its implications for global businesses.
- Prof Tao Zhigang, Professor of Strategy and Economics and Associate Dean, CKGSB
- Prof Sun Tianshu, Professor of Information Systems, Director of the Center for Technology, Big Data and Digital Transformation, CKGSB
Welcome Dinner | 6.00pm – 8.30pm
The Beijing Mission will officially open with a dinner at the China World Summit Wing Hotel. We are delighted to advise that the President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Dr Jin Liqun, will be our special guest of honour at dinner. Bringing together key representatives from China, including members of the China Center for Globalization (CCG) and other important figures, the dinner will set the tone for our Beijing Mission through emphasising the importance of collaboration.
Penfolds will be generously providing wine to accompany dinner.
Saturday, 29 April 2023
Roundtable hosted by the Center for China & Globalization (CCG) | 8.30am – 12.45pm
The morning of Saturday, 29 April will see our program partner, the Center for China and Globalization (CCG), China’s most significant global think tank, hosting a roundtable discussion. The dialogue will focus on how to ensure stronger collaboration and international co-operation in redefining globalisation through understanding the impact of global economic and political trends, with the aim of encouraging greater cooperation and understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Opening and Welcome
- Dr Henry Wang, President, Center for China & Globalization, Co-moderator
- Ms Louise Watson, Chairman of the Board, the Global Foundation
Session 1: The State of the World
- Mr Steve Howard, Secretary General, the Global Foundation, Co-moderator
- Mr Jiang Shan, Senior Fellow, CCG; former Director-General of MOFCOM Department of American and Oceanic Affairs
- Mr Jean-François Di Meglio, Chairman, Asia Center Paris
- Dr Mabel Miao, Secretary General, CCG
Session 2: Co-operation for the global commons – climate change
- Mr Oliver Morriss, Senior Analyst – Sustainable Finance Centre for Excellence, Aviva Investors
- Mr Victor Gao, Vice President, CCG
- Mr Anthony Coles, Executive Director, Australia China Business Council
- Ms Grace Fan, International Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
Session 3: Perspectives on Australia-China relations
- HE Mr Graham Fletcher, Australian Ambassador to China
- HE Mr Zhang Junsai, former Chinese Ambassador to Australia
- Mr David Olsson, President, Australia China Business Council
- Mr Zhour Xiaoming, CCG Senior Fellow, former Deputy Representative of the Chinese Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Geneva
Session 4: Pathways to the future – re-making globalisation and the need for ‘dialogue between civilisations’
Closing Reception | 5.00pm – 6.30pm
The Beijing Mission will close with an informal reception hosted by Ambassador Graham Fletcher, Australian Ambassador to China in Beijing, which will provide a valuable opportunity for participants to celebrate the Mission’s accomplishments, strengthen connections, and reflect on the experience as a whole.
Please note that the program is subject to change and adjustments may be made as needed to ensure the success and effectiveness of the Beijing Mission.